Tina's Opinions

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"This is a fire alarm. Please evacuate the building."

Some of you have already heard this story. But it's so good, I have to keep sharing it. Over and over and over again.

Yesterday I had an appointment for my "annual exam" at the woman doctor. It's horrible, it's humiliating, it's the worst. You think it can't possibly get worse, but I found out that it can indeed.

I get to the office and the nurse weighs me. Already off to a bad start. Then we go into the exam room and she tells me to take everything off. Yes men (if there are any men reading; I don't think there are), everything. Then she hands me the robe thingy with like 75 strings that you cannot possibly figure out how to tie without a masters in something. Anyway, she leaves and I do what she says. I'm down to nothing and my knee highs (worn purposely because even in a building, when you're wearing nothing, it's cold). I'm sitting on the exam table reading an old People magazine when I hear, "This is a fire alarm. Please evacuate the building". I figure they wouldn't pull a joke in a doctor's office, jumped off the table, run for my clothes and start getting dressed. I only got interrupted by two nurses and I hope they got an eyeful, because they deserved it.

The first thing I did when I got outside? Called the genius so he could get a good laugh too. I can't keep good stuff like this to myself. It's just not right.

The socks of fame:
They're cute, huh? Too bad my leg's so chubby. :P

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Nice leg(s). Will you marry me?

12:02 PM  
Blogger laura s. said...

That's like something out of a nightmare! At least you weren't in the stirrups, right? Yikes!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Did you have time to get fully dressed, or just put some pants on?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

This is hilarious that this happened to both of us this week. And that your friend randomly found my page.
Okay, we HAVE to have a doctor in the same building or something. My doc is in Bountiful....yours?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

Okay, that is too funny. The alarm must be going off a lot because of the construction they are doing on the building.
I am going to have to add you to my roll now and keep following up with you. We are connected now. LOL

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home